Sister Bay Advancement Association
Are you thinking of becoming a member of the Sister Bay Advancement Association, and want to know more about the organization? Please read on…
SBAA Mission Statement:
The mission of the Sister Bay Advancement Association is to support and promote the business community of Sister Bay by: attracting tourism through a sustainable marketing plan; provide cultural activities and celebratory events that make our community a vital place to live, work and play; and support the development of Sister Bay as a year round community for businesses, visitors and residents.
Benefits of being a SBAA member:
Each SBAA member receives the following with annual membership:
- Listing of business(es) in annually produced Sister Bay brochure – the go-to guide for visitors;
- An individual page for your business(es) on the Sister Bay visitor website, with your business logo, a picture of your choosing, description of your business offerings, contact information, link to your website;
- Listing of business(es) on kiosk at Sister Bay Visitor Center – kiosk is open 24/7.
- Your business telephone number listed on the kiosk, and a phone is available for visitor use to call your business;
- Rack card, brochure, or other promotional material displayed in the Visitor Information Center;
- The old Schoolhouse Visitor Information Center is staffed May through mid-October, and the Coordinator’s office is the winter Visitor Information Center. Visitor Center staff sell each of our member businesses to visitors that come in – a great form of word-of-mouth advertising!
- E-newsletters from the Coordinator with information on upcoming Sister Bay events and activities, SBAA business and meetings, and Members-Only information and co-op advertising opportunities.
Accommodations/Lodging businesses (rental of at least one bedroom): $295 (Visitor Center staff calls each week in-season to check your availability for the coming weekend and help visitors find a place to stay.)
All other businesses: $250
Second business owned: $150 (limited to 1 additional business)
Membership Forms & Payments
Businesses can download and print a form and return it to the Sister Bay Advancement Association office. You can also submit a Credit Card payment for your membership through PayPal.
Board of Directors:
The Sister Bay Advancement Association is organized and supported by a board of directors who serve a 3 year term. Each director is a business owner or operator and a member of the Sister Bay Community. The Board of Directors meets the first Thursday of each month at 8 a.m. at the NWTC Learning and Innovation Center.
Current SBAA Board of Directors:
President: Drew Bickford – On Deck Clothing Company
Treasurer: Windy Bittorf – Inn at Little Sister Hill
Village Liaison: Rob Zoschke- Yacht Club At Sister Bay
Tonya Crowell – Bayshore Outfitters
Collin Doherty – Roots Inn & Kitchen
Sara Doherty – Roots Inn & Kitchen
James Larsen – Husby’s Food & Spirits
Rachel Van Valkenburg – Bargains Unlimited
For further information about joining the Sister Bay Advancement Association, please contact:
SBAA Coordinator Louise Howson: (920) 854-3230 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org